Keep Your Vacation as Stress Free as Possible!
Planning a vacation can be a stressful time. The last thing on your mind while packing and preparing to leave is the potential of water damage to your home, but it is something that can be detrimental to a property. The longer the water sits, the more damage it can cause. Below are some helpful hints to sneak into your pre-vacation check-list to ensure you do not come home to a major mess!
- Inspect all appliances around your homes, including their hoses.
- Make sure your water heater is not showing any signs of leakage.
- Check any drains in your garage or basement to make sure they are unclogged.
- Look at all pipes under sinks.
- Check window seals to ensure that they can withstand a rainstorm.
- Shut off your main water.
- Drain every pipe once your water is shut off.
Following these steps will increase your chance of having a stress free vacation, but no prevention method is 100%. If you come home to a water damaged home, call SERVPRO of Roanoke, and we will make it, "Like it never even happened."