Common Fire Hazards in the Home
Fire Hazards in the Home
House fires can happen in the blink of an eye if we aren’t careful. There are easy every day hazards we could avoid to help reduce the chance of a fire in your home.
Common Fire Hazards in the Home:
- Candles: Many candle fires are started due to unattended candle usage. Candles should not be left burning for hours at a time and its highly recommended to not use in the bedroom.
- Cooking: Kitchen fires are some of the top places home fires start. Never leave cooking unattended. If you leave turn off the burner, oven, or microwave. Clean your oven regularly and the rest of the kitchen appliances. Keep kids and pets clear of cooking areas and always turn pot handles in.
- Electrical fire: Use safe appliances. Keep appliances on level surfaces and remember to turn off all electrical appliances when not in use
- Matches and lighters: Keep out of reach of children. Make sure they are completely out when done using and if a lighter use all safety measures.
- Smoking materials: The misuse of products like cigarettes and pipes can cause house fires too. Make sure to put out all cigarettes and follow all guidelines for electrical smoking devices
These are just a few tips to help keep your home safe