Thanksgiving Cooking Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Safety in the kitchen is important, especially on Thanksgiving Day when there is a lot of activity in kitchen. The National Fire Protection Association offers SAFETY TIPS:
1. Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop.
2. Stay in the home when cooking turkey (or other food in oven) and check it frequently.
3. Keep children away from the stove.
4. Keep children away from hot food and liquids. Steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
5. Keep the floor clear so you don't trip over items like bags, toys, pocketbooks, etc.
6. Keep knives out of reach of children.
7. Be sure electric cords from kitchen appliances like mixers, etc. are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
8. Keep matches and utility lighters out of reach of children.
9. Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
10. Please make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
SERVPRO of Roanoke, Montgomery & Pulaski Counties wishes everyone a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Holiday!