Recent General Posts
Seven Summer Home Maintenance Tips for 2022
The summer months are finally here and with that comes seasonal maintenance to keep you and yours safe within your home. Check out these seven tips that can help you prevent issues that may lead to more serious and expensive problems down the road.
- Control and monitor the temperature and humidity in your home to prevent mold growth. To keep air circulating you can also change the direction of your fan to turn counterclockwise, so it creates a down breeze, which helps to keep the air cool in those hot summer months.
- Check and replace smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries to protect you and your family from potential emergencies. Also, take the time to clean and service grills and fire pits to prevent potential fires.
- Trim trees on your property and ensure large structures are up to code to prevent damage due to falling objects during summer thunderstorms.
- Keep your home comfortable and cool by doing routine HVAC maintenance, that not only increases efficiency, but also eliminates odors, reduces potential mold growth, and improves the overall quality of the air in your home.
- Prevent potential disasters by getting your air ducts and dryer vents cleaned, to remove dust and debris.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned to reduce allergens in your environment that are brought in daily. Particles and debris from A/C, open windows, and traffic can settle deep within the fabrics in your home and may require deep cleaning to prevent breakdown and damage at a deeper level.
- Help prevent flooding in your home by cleaning out your gutters and downspouts, checking for potential issues in the foundation of your house that could lead to leaks, and make sure your roof is in good condition in case of summer rainstorms.
Owning a home is no small feat, and just with anything else of importance, there are things you must do periodically to take care of what you have worked so hard for. SERVPRO of Roanoke County and Montgomery and Pulaski Counties is proud to provide services that can help keep your home safe and clean during every season of the year. If you need assistance in anything from duct cleaning to storm or water damage, give us a call to see how we take the stress off of your shoulders: (540) 389-5818.
V3 Certified Company
We were recently honored to be recognized as a V3 Certified Company by the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Virginia Vales Veterans (V3) Program is an official Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Veterans Services Program. We received this recognition by completing and sustaining all requirements for the V3 program and our continued commitment to recruiting, hiring, training and retaining Veterans. We are proud of all those who serve and even more proud to have them be apart of our team.
Salem Roanoke Chamber of Commerce Building & Technology Expo
Business & Technology Showcase
Salem Roanoke Chamber of Commerce hosted the Business & Technology Showcase. Clark Goodman & Lisa Bain represented SERVPRO of Roanoke
SERVPRO® Named to Entrepreneur’s Top 10 Franchise List
SERVPRO®Named to Entrepreneur’s Top 10 Franchise List
for 7th Consecutive Year
Cleanup and restoration franchisor retains top ranking in restoration services category and climbs to #4 ranking overall in the 2016 Franchise 500 rankings
Salem, VA January 19, 2016 - SERVPRO®, a cleanup and restoration franchise company, maintains its hold on the top ranking in the Restoration Services industry for the 13th consecutive year and moves up to the number four spot overall in the 2016 Franchise 500 rankings from Entrepreneur magazine.* This is the seventh consecutive year SERVPRO has been included in the magazine’s Top 10 list, standing out in a group of more than 951 franchises that qualified for inclusion in the list.
Some of the most important factors considered by Entrepreneur in developing the list each year are “financial strength and stability, growth rate and size of the system.”
“It’s exciting to be part of a dynamic organization that continues to grow and strives to always provide superior support for its franchisees, and by extension its customers,” said Lisa Mongan, owner of SERVPRO of Montgomery and Pulaski Counties. “The recognition that the company earns year after year in this prestigious list is confirmation of a commitment to excellence that starts at the top and is evident in the service that each franchisee provides to each and every customer.”
According to Mongan, a number of differentiators set SERVPRO apart from the competition and fuel the attractiveness of the company to both existing franchisees and would-be entrepreneurs looking for a strong business opportunity. Key among these are:
· SERVPRO’s strength as a brand with a national footprint, wide-spread market penetration, laser-focused brand messaging, and the ability to create national partnerships with organizations such as the PGA TOUR and the American Red Cross.
SERVPRO’s commitment to being a learning organization, which keeps training and support at the forefront of the company’s culture and philosophy of success and helps franchisees plan, track, and deliver best-in-class services to consumers
Employees receiving their IICRC Certifications
Our newest Certified Employees. Congratulations and thank you for your dedication to continuing education to ensure we stay the BEST!
Frozen Pipes Tips
Cold weather has hit our area. Protect your home from freezing pipes:
1. Turn off outside faucets and allow to drain then cover with insulating foam covers.
2. Insulate any exposed pipes under or around house with foam insulation.
3. Open cabinet doors under sinks.
4. Allow interior faucets to drip, both hot and cold.
5. Know where your main water shut off valves are located.
'Twas the night before Christmas
'Our office Manager Julie Wilburn honored her coworkers with her rendition of Twas The Night Before Christmas. Hope you enjoy as much as we did...........
Twas the night before Christmas and all thru SERVPRO not a crew member was resting they were ready to go!
The hoses were hung by the truck mounts with care in hopes that a St. Mongan soon would be there!
Marketing was nestled all snug in their beds - while visions of ERP’s danced in their heads.
With all the jobs uploaded and invoicing done, the girls in the office and were having some fun!
When out in the warehouse there arose such a clatter I sprang from my desk to see what was a matter!
Away to the warehouse I flew in hurry - the bay door was open - I was beginning to worry!
Then what to my wondering eyes should appear - but a large loss trailer and 9 crew chiefs in hero gear!
With a super hero driver, a real man among men - I knew in a moment it must be Saint Quinn!!
More rapid than SERVICE MASTER his crew chiefs came - and he whistled and shouted and called them by name!
Now Zack, now Matt, now Quinn and Robert and Jimmy!
On Mikee, on T, on Nikki and Timmy!
To the top of the ceiling, don't miss that spot on the wall - now clean away clean away clean away all!!
So up to the roof top his crew chiefs they flew with a van full of scrubbers and St. Quinn too!!
And then in a twinkling I heard on the roof the stomping and smashing of each little boot.
As I ran to my desk and was turning around - down the duct work St. Quinn came with a bound.
He was dressed all in green from his head to his foot and his uniform was covered with ashes and soot!
He was smiling and joking - a very jolly old elf
And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself!
He spoke not a word but went straight to his work - he emptied all the truck mounts and turned with a jerk.
And laying a carpet wand beside of the hose - and giving a nod up the duct work he rose.
He sprung to his trailer, his crew on the ball
And away they flew like there was an all call!
And I heard him exclaim so that all could hear - Merry Christmas dear SERVPRO - it was a very good year!
2015 SERVPRO Christmas Breakfast
SERVPRO hosted a Christmas Breakfast at our Salem office for all staff. A great time was had by all! From our family to yours, we wish you a Happy & Safe Holiday!
SERVPRO honors Veterans
Quinn Mongan, Zach Saunders, Jimmy Williams, Kris Hacker, Pete Lassen & Mason Paxton representing the US Navy, US Marine Corps and the US Army
THANK YOU to all our Veterans today for their service. We are honored to have our own SERVPRO Veterans!
Thank you Montgomery County & the Town of Christiansburg
Grand Opening of our Christiansburg location!
What a wonderful welcome we received from Montgomery County and the Town of Christiansburg on the opening of our new location in Christiansburg. Thank you all for your continued support!
Thank you Roanoke!
2015 Best in Roanoke!
Thank you to our customers for their vote in the 2015 best in Roanoke Readers Poll. We thank our dedicated staff for the great job they do every day. We thank each and every one of you for always being your best!
Emergency Tips for Water Damage
Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas. Do not enter rooms with standing water where electrical hazards may exist.
Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping & blottng.
Wipe off any wood surfaces and use clothes pins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors or carpets.
Use aluminum foil or wood blocks between furtniture legs and wet carpeting
Keep a close eye on rivers and streams - be aware of surrounding water!
Call SERVPRO of Roanoke, Montomgery & Pulaski Counties for 24 hour Emergency Service.